The proceeds from the sale of the games will be used to support the activities and the associative projects.
The Kaledo is an educational board game. The ease of play and the low costs allow its use in all the environments that educate children, including the family and the school. Compared to other games, including video games, used to influence food choices, Kaledo has innovative features because:
1. allows you to become familiar with your energy needs
2. teaches you to make food choices and improve your lifestyle
3. sensitizes on the topic of obesity
4. promotes solidarity
It looks like a simple board game with:
A) PLAYING PLAN with 59 boxes:
• 50 ordinary colored with the 5 colors of the card groups
• 9 special, with a punishment or a reward, associated with eating behavior and lifestyle (for example: fast food).
B) 100 CARDS divided into 5 groups of 20 cards each:
1. Zuccherino (sugar-rich foods)
2. Mattoncino (protein-rich foods)
3. Ghiottoncino (fat-rich foods)
4. Verdurino (foods rich in vitamins and minerals - fruits and vegetables)
5. Physical and sporting activity
On the FOOD cards (groups 1-4) it is reported: food name; membership group; percentage of sugars, fats and proteins; Calories introduced (kcal +) per gram of product. On the ACTIVITY cards is reported the energy consumption (kcal-) over time for subjects of 20, 40 and 80 kg of Body Weight.
On the deskplayer each player gets his own Basal Metabolism (kcal-) starting from sex, age and body weight, placing it on the kaledoscopio (counts Calories); the algebraic sum of the basal Metabolism (kcal-), the food cards (kcal +) and the activity cards (kcal-) determines the daily energy balance.
to accept or reject a food or activity card.
E) NUT TO SIX NUMBERED FACES
A typical game session requires 2 to 4 players and lasts about 15-30 min. Players move their pawns to the game plan boxes and collect food or activity cards, as indicated in the destination boxes.
The aim of the game is to balance the total energy supply, given by the food cards, with the total energy expenditure, given by the activity cards, to reach their daily energy needs. The winner is the person with the maximum points calculated based on the energy balance, the quality of the food and their variety.